Welcoming people into your network is less of a hassle than you might think. Let’s start with what consumers expect businesses to know, according to the Email Experience Council:
- The types of products or services they like (64 percent)
- The types of offers they like (61 percent)
- Whether they’re a new or returning customer (54 percent)
- Their communication preferences (47 percent)
With those findings in mind, a good welcome campaign for your prospective customer or client might include:
- A complimentary consultation
- Assurance you are there to help
- Confirmation of communication preferences
- Promise of value-added future communication
By referencing recent purchase data and the source of the opt-in, you can add another layer of relevance.
For example, you might identify those who have signed up via the check-out process, and recognize this buyer behavior by tailoring the content around the product/service purchased, including any relevant cross-sell content. Make it dynamic, literally and figuratively!
Are you reaching everyone you can with the least amount of process drag?