From 2004 to 2007, my incoming assignment was within the P&G Visual Communications Design () group, uniquely integrated within the global organization primarily because of its relationship with A.G. Lafley and his globally based executive leaders as well as its internal advertising agency client billing structure.
I led the assessment, design, and delivery of business to business, media, and tools in a way that optimized P&G’s ability to win in the marketplace. Yes, that’s P&G-speak.
Global business to business and external affairs communication.
The primary responsibility I held within VCD was the direction and design of business to business communication collateral, including their version of a logo – the personality expression – for global business segments and units worldwide and to embrace and promote an emerging P&Goverhaul. I also worked closely with External Relations and partnered on several projects on various identity pieces.
Human resources and talent supply.
- Life Cycle of a Candidate. As program manager, I provided brand identity, internal communication collateral, including website, flyers, and tradeshow/roadshow collateral for Talent Supply organization.
- Executive Leadership Program. Provided brand identity generation, internal communication collateral, training materials, and intranet website design and development.
- IT Pathways. Provided brand identity and external communication collateral for this college recruiting program.
Upstream strategies and technology.
- The GYM. Marketing communication collateral and B2B website for collaboration center, using methodology from their IDEO partner.
- InnovationNet. Led cross-functional team in integration, requiring overhauling its brand equity, providing internal communication collateral, and trade show/road show marketing collateral. The business stakeholders participated in The GYM, to ensure successful ideation and initiative adoption.
Consumer Market Knowledge
- Business Development. An annual competition among P&G marketers involved creating vying for the opportunity to participate in a formal presentation for the CEO, A.G. Lafley, to showcase their efforts.
- Another annual event was assigned to me the first year and I was approached the second year due to the first year’s successful campaign, where I provided design management of the Household Care Summit program, incorporating the Mission Possible theme, which included event and marketing communication collateral, and video bookends.
Global Business Services
- Solutions Center. of global initiative, using exhibit space and emerging technologies for service presentation of joint business value business planning and transformation.
- Win in GBU. Management of this project, working directly with the business’ Vice President and the sponser’s program manager. My primary contribution was the research and writing of the brochure itself, along with the art direction of the assigned design firm, Ruttle Design Group.
- Get Back 30 Minutes. Project management and art direction for global initiative involving core services, emerging technologies, and productivity tools and systems. Managed and provided design of promotion, including posters, flyers, catalogue, interactive modules, and tradeshow / roadshow collateral. Received formal recognition from top leadership formy contribution to this program.
- Capabilities. Design and project management for a key Goblal Business Services group’s business to business information folder and inserts to showcase solutions and services.
I was involved in several Beauty Care projects; this one involved both business to business and business to consumer communication collateral. Projects included trade shows, seminars, print and training materials.
Finance and Accounting
Working with a VCD event manager and a couple of freelance designers, I managed the design and production of this annual event, including an animated identity logo.